Friday, April 25, 2008

Thank You Texas for the cookies!

AS I sit and enjoy some quality break time in the press room...I have before me a ziploc bag of homemade cookies! The bag says, "A Gift from First United Methodist Church in Waxahachie, TX, in the Waxahachie District. On the opposite side is the bible verse, Philippians 4:13, " I can do everything Through Him who gives me strength". Now, I don't know anybody from the Waxahachie District, let alone the town... But what I do know is that Texas has done a great job of showing their southern hospitality. Many of us are definitely a little tired of eating out already (and we still have the weekend plus a week!) and this simple act of giving, is a reminder how connectional we truly CAN be. The cookies were great! Even greater to me is that somebody took the time to not only bake some homemade goodies for the entire conference (remember that there are way over 1,000 people here) but that they took the time to remind us of scripture and that somehow, someway, United Methodists from all over are keeping us in thought and prayer... Thank you TX!

Editor's Note: Jan traveled home for the weekend to be with her church but will be back on Sunday...Prayers for safety and rest....(Those that know both of us know that we like to talk a lot. I don't think her and I have stopped talking since I picked her before we left KS! We are learning that we are SO much alike it's crazy! Safe travels to all those traveling back and forth

No comments: